- Seamus Callaghan - White Seabass - 61.6 lbs. (Neptunes)
- Larry Heinrich - White Seabass - 50.0 lbs. (Neptunes)
- Aaron Peters - White Seabass - 49.1 lbs. (Guest)
- Kyle Brannon - White Seabass - 40.4 lbs. (Neptunes)
- Juan Carlos-Aquilar - Yellowtail - 38.4 lbs. (Neptunes)
The 58th Annual Long Beach Neptunes Bluewater Meet is going down on Saturday, June 5th and we're now accepting entry forms. Get your crew together and your entry forms submitted by NO LATER than Thursday, June 3rd.
Got questions? CLICK HERE
Fellow Neptunes, I wanted to remind everyone that our March meeting will be back at Me-n-Ed’s. It will be outside so hopefully the weather will cooperate. Also, we will have club t-shirts, hats, ect. for sale at the meeting.
The owner of Me-n-Ed’s has reserved seating for us (50 spots) which should give us plenty of room to socially distance. He also said there would be someone to take food and drink orders outside or you could go inside and place an order.
Unfortunately, we were not able to get all the trophies in time to have an Awards Banquet night at the March meeting so we will plan it at our meeting in April.
I expect there will be a few hiccups as we transition back to in-person meetings but we will work through that.
I look forward to seeing all of you.
The sport of breath-hold spearfishing is incredibly rewarding. Freedivers leave their terrestrial worries behind as they enter a pre-historic world on the hunt for wild game without assistance from artificial air sources. They match wits with some of the fastest and most wily animals on the planet. A guiding principal of the Long Beach Neptunes is safety. We would like to share our thoughts and insights in an effort to promote our safety-first policy. -Terry Maas
CLICK HERE to visit the Spearfishing & Freediving Safety page to read more and access the "Freediver Blackout" Chapter of the book, Bluewater Hunting and Freediving, by Terry Maas.
President: Paul Zylstra
Vice President: Byron Quinonez
Recording Secretary: Brandon Ward
Treasurer: Jon McMullen
Tentative Manager: John Hughes
Newsletter Editor: Juan-Carlos Aguilar
Club Historian: Paul Byrd
Conservation Liaison: Terry Maas
1. Steve parkford - Neptunes - 23.7# Yellowtail
2. John McMullin - Neptunes - 22.6# Yellowtail
3. Lyle Davis - Neptunes - 20.4# Yellowtail
4. Jeff Benedict - Neptunes - 19.8# Yellowtail
5. Paul Zylstra - Neptunes - 18.6# Yellowtail
Yu Fukushima - Neptunes - 4.6#
Jason Taylor - Neptunes - 3.1#
1. John Hughes - Neptunes - 33.5# Yellowtail
2. Steve Parkford - Neptunes - 23.2# Yellowtail
3. Mike Feldman - Guest - 18.6# Yellowtail
4. Brandon Ward - Neptunes - 18.0# Yellowtail
5. Brooke Basse - Guest - 13.1# Yellowtail
*Honorable Mention: Juan Aguilar - Neptunes - 12.8# Yellowtail
Our monthly General Club Meeting will be held via the Zoom platform on the regularly scheduled date of Wednesday, May 6th. Start time is 7pm.
We will also be recognizing our Annual Fish Awards recipients so don't miss it.
Please see your email from the board with download & login instructions. Direct any questions to club president, Jeff Benedict, via email.